- Manage personal risks by testing if you have COVID-19 symptoms and using targeted testing in education and high risk workplaces.
- Isolate when testing positive or when contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
- There are rules for international travel.
- The Government expects a gradual return to places of work over the summer.
- Face coverings should continue to be worn in crowded areas such as public transport.
- Consider meeting outside or, when inside, letting fresh air in.
- Minimise the number, proximity and duration of social contacts.
- Businesses and large events are encouraged to use the NHS COVID Pass in high risk settings.
- Get vaccinated, which gives the best protection to adults.
Scientists highlight the benefits of continuing to wear masks in enclosed public spaces.
Communities in the Wiveliscombe and 10 Parishes area have done a great job in helping people stay safe. Please continue to look after yourselves and others too.
Government: Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you can and cannot do, including staying safe, testing, self-isolating, travel, vaccination, business support, education and childcare.
Somerset Coronavirus Support Helpline – 0300 790 6275 for Coronavirus-related support from Somerset West and Taunton Council and Somerset County Council. Open 8am-6pm, 7 days a week. Council advice and information is also online – see below.
Somerset NHS – Covid-19 vaccinations in Somerset
NHS advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19): www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Lister House Surgery: Covid 19 information
Mental health information from Somerset County Council (looking after your health, wellbeing and safety): www.somerset.gov.uk/coronavirus/covid-19-mental-health-information
Mindline Somerset – Coronavirus emotional support helpline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from Mind in Somerset on 01823 276 892
Somerset West and Taunton Council advice online advice and support: www.somersetwestandtaunton.gov.uk/coronavirus
Somerset Waste Partnership on disposing of waste for anyone with symptoms of coronavirus: www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/coronavirus
Somerset County Council: Latest Coronavirus updates on schools, early years childcare, travel, testing, advice for vulnerable people, health and well-being and lots more.
Somerset County Council services affected by the Coronavirus: www.somerset.gov.uk/covid-19-our-affected-services
BBC website is good for answering questions and providing the latest news: www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers
I will continue to update this list with important and reliable sources of advice. Please contact me if you need any additional help and I will do my best to assist.