The following are local services provided by community organisations and other agencies.
Advice and support
- Citizens Advice – national website with advice on benefits, work, debt, consumer rights, family, housing, law, immigration and health.
- Citizens Advice Taunton – charity providing free, confidential and impartial advice.
- Community SpeedWatch – local people being actively involved in road safety.
- Police – neighbourhood teams listen and act on local concerns: most of our ward is covered by the Wellington North team; Brompton Ralph, Clatworthy, Huish Champflower, Skilgate and Upton are covered by the Exmoor team.
- Somerset Community Foundation – inspiring giving and funding charities.
- Somerset Community Credit Union – saving and loans for members.
- Turn2us – helps people in financial need gain access to benefits and other financial help – online, by phone and face to face through partner organisations.
- Village Agent – advice on access to information and services for those in need.
- Wivey Food Bank – a satellite from the Taunton Food Bank at The Silver Street Centre in Wiveliscombe.
- Wivey Food Project – cooks healthy, nutritious meals for our community using surplus, top quality food from Fareshare.
- Wiveliscombe & 10 Parishes Business Group – includes local directory.
- Business support from Heart of South West Local Economic Partnership.
Environment and farming
- Environment Agency
- Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group (South West) – A charity representing the region’s farmers and landowners in the delivery of wildlife conservation.
- Forestry Commission – Government department responsible for protecting, expanding and promoting the sustainable management of woodlands.
- Hills to Levels – A natural approach to ‘slow the flow’ in water catchments across Somerset to reduce flood risk and deliver environmental benefits. Information on natural flood management and funding support to farmers and landowners.
- Lister House Surgery
- Lister House Patient Group
- Mindline Somerset – emotional support helpline.
- NHS Somerset
- Somerset health services
- Fit for my future – Strategy for Somerset Integrated Care System.
- Wivey Cares – providing local care and support for those who need it.
Housing and assistance
- Housing in Somerset West and Taunton
- Homefinder Somerset – find an affordable home to rent within Somerset.
- Lendology – non-profit making loan provider working with local authorities to provide direct loans for private home improvements, including disability adaptations and energy efficiency, landlord repairs, and empty property regeneration.
- Somerset Independence Plus – integrated service to help disabled and vulnerable people live safely in their homes, including assessments, advice, adaptations, repairs and improvements, including heating and insulation.
- Bus routes in Western Somerset – map produced by Taunton and Wellington Transition Towns.
- Think Travel – journey planner for public and community transport in Somerset.
- Wivey Link – community transport service open to all, who, for whatever reason, have no access to transport (public or private), and to those residents who are chronically sick or disabled.
- Travel Somerset – information for travel by car, rail, air, bus, bike and foot in Somerset.
- One.network – local information and notices for road closures (zoom in on map to view local area).
- Traveline South West – comprehensive public transport information.
Wiveliscombe and the 10 Parishes
- Wiveliscombe Area Partnership – community office, annual street market and carnival, and 10 Parishes festival.
- Wiveliscombe Area Website – local events, businesses, clubs, services, and parish and town councils.
- Wiveliscombe news, information and employment – Facebook page
- 10 Parishes Community Support – Facebook page