Events are being held in January and February 2020 to consult on a Carbon Neutrality and Climate Resilience Plan and a new Local Plan for Somerset West and Taunton (SWT) and on a Climate Emergency Strategy for Somerset.
These include a roadshow with displays at Wiveliscombe Community Centre from 10am to 3pm on Thursday, 20th February 2020. Council staff will be on hand to discuss the plans and to record your ideas.
- Somerset-wide climate strategy (6 Jan – 19 Feb)
- SWT Local Plan Issues and Options (13 Jan – 16 March)
- SWT Carbon Neutrality and Climate Resilience Plan (20 Jan – 2 March)
- Somerset Climate Emergency Framework
- SWT Climate Emergency and Draft Plan
- SWT Local Plan Issues and Options
Following this consultation stage, climate emergency actions plans will be produced for both SWT and Somerset. There should then be another short public consultation before final plans are adopted by the summer.
Consultation drop-in events in Somerset West and Taunton
The first event below at Taunton Library will cover the Somerset-wide climate emergency framework only and is being run by Somerset Climate Action Network on behalf of Somerset’s four District Councils and the County Council.
• Sat, 18 Jan, 10am to 4pm – The Glassbox, Taunton Library, Paul St (Somerset framework only)
The following drop-in roadshows are being run by Somerset West and Taunton Council and will cover all three consultation documents.
• Thu, 23 Jan, 10am to 3pm – Quaker Friends Meeting House, High Street, Wellington
• Thu, 30 Jan, 2pm to 7pm – West Somerset House, Killick Way, Williton
• Thu, 6 Feb, 10am to 3pm – Orchard Shopping Centre, Paul Street, Taunton
• Mon, 10 Feb, 2pm to 7pm – Methodist Church Hall, 31 The Avenue, Minehead
• Tue, 11 Feb, 10am to 3pm – The Sanctuary, 38 Swain Street, Watchet
• Thu, 20 Feb, 10am to 3pm – Wiveliscombe Community Centre, West Street
• Thu, 27 Feb, 2pm to 7pm – Deane House, Belvedere Road, Taunton